— Adam Chavez (@adamchavez) April 3, 2016
A quick guide to avoiding failure and criticism.
Also see how these fleas are genetically wired to avoid failure and disappointment:
Alternatively, you may wish to go off-piste and “Escape the circus and live beyond the limits of the imaginary lid”. But don’t say I didn’t warn you!
“Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing”
– Helen Keller
This awesome lecture from Randy Pausch has clocked up quite a few views on Youtube (13 million at the time of writing). It’s over an hour long but well worth it.
Some nuggets that I love from the late Randy Pausch, who is delivering this lecture with 10 tumours in his liver and a life expectancy of 3-6 months:
- Brick Walls are there for a reason. They let us show our dedication and let us know how badly we want things
- Don’t bail – The best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap
- Get a feedback loop and listen to it
- Don’t complain; just work harder
- Find the best in everyone – no matter how long it takes
- We cannot change the cards we are dealt with – just how we play the hand
- Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
- Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted